The Shore Model 920 for coffee provides quick accurate moisture results for a variety of coffee commodities. Results are displayed directly without the need for moisture or temperature conversion tables.
The Model 920 uses a pre-weighed sample and a reliable sample loading mechanism to insure accurate, repeatable results. The Model 920 uses:
- Proven measurement principles.
- A cell design that makes it one of the most consistently accurate and economical moisture testers available.
This allows the Shore Model 920 to help you to:
- Choose the correct roasting profile
- Avoid shrink or quality issues
- Save roasting energy
Model 920 Features:
- Rugged all-metal construction.
- Moisture testing calibrations available for a large variety of coffee commodities and grains.
- Powered by batteries or an included AC adapter.
Model 920 Portable Moisture Tester Package:
The Shore Model 920 is also available as a complete portable testing package with a portable electronic scale and all accessories contained in a sturdy carrying case.
- Moisture Tester
- Portable Scale
- Dump Cell
- Calibration Weight
- AC Power Adapter
- Hard-Sided Travel Case
- Environmental operating temperature range: +32 to +120° F. (+0 to +50° C.).
- Measurement range (varies with commodity) with typical moisture ranges from 6 to 40%.
- Sample temperature range: +22 to +160° F (+6 to 72° C)
- Sample test time: 5 to 35 seconds depending on sample temperature. Samples that are above 100°F (38°C) or below 40°F (4°C) will take a maximum of 35 seconds to allow for accurate temperature sensing. Samples closer in temperature to the tester will take only a few seconds.
- Physical dimensions:
- Width: 5 inches (127 mm)
- Depth: 7 inches (178 mm)
- Height: 10.5 inches (267 mm)
- Weight: 2.7 lbs. (1.2 kg)
- Display: Large 8-character alphanumeric LCD display with backlight for use in low-level ambient light conditions.
- Power requirements: 6 AA alkaline batteries or 9-volt AC adapter (included).
- Battery life varies with usage. Alkaline batteries should provide six months to a year of intermittent use. Intermittent use is defined as less than 20 tests per week and infrequent usage of the display backlight.