The Shore Model 930 for coffee provides quick accurate moisture results for a variety of coffee commodities. Results are displayed directly without the need for moisture or temperature conversion tables.
The Model 930 uses a reliable mechanism to guide the pre-weighed coffee sample into the testing cell to insure accurate, repeatable results with:
- Proven measurement principles.
- A cell design that makes it one of the most consistently accurate and economical moisture testers available.
This allows the Shore Model 930 to help you to:
- Choose the correct roasting profile
- Avoid shrink or quality issues
- Save roasting energy
Model 930 Features:
- Rugged construction.
- Integrated scale for sample weighing and test weight.
- User adjustable calibration bias for each grain allows a match with any reference.
- Moisture testing calibrations available for a large variety of coffee, tea and cocoa bean commodities, including Hawaii coffee.
- Powered by batteries or an included AC adapter.
Model 930 Portable Moisture Tester Package:
The Model 930 is also available as a complete portable testing package with tester and accessories in a rugged, soft side case for storage and easy transport.
- Moisture Tester with Integrated Scale
- Dump Cell
- Bulk Density Cup
- Leveling Stick
- Calibration Weight
- AC Power Adapter
- Padded Travel Case
- Environmental operating temperature range: +32 to +140° F. (+0 to +60° C.).
- Measurement range (varies with commodity) with typical moisture ranges from 6 to 40%.
- Sample temperature range: +22 to +160° F (+6 to 72° C)
- Sample test time: 5 to 35 seconds depending on sample temperature. Samples that are above 100°F (38°C) or below 40°F (4°C) will take a maximum of 35 seconds to allow for accurate temperature sensing. Samples closer in temperature to the meter will take only a few seconds.
- Physical dimensions:
- Width: 18 inches (457 mm)
- Depth: 14 inches (356 mm)
- Height: 10 inches (254 mm)
- Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
- Display: Large 2-line x 16 character LCD with backlight for use in low-level ambient light conditions.
- Power requirements: 6 AA alkaline batteries or 9-volt AC adapter (included).
- Battery life varies with usage. Alkaline batteries should provide six months to a year of intermittent use. Intermittent use is defined as less than 20 tests per week and infrequent usage of the display backlight.