The Perten AM 5200-Farm Moisture Tester is a second generation 150 MHz grain tester providing improved accuracy, repeatability and handling. It is one of the best on-farm moisture testers available today and meets the speed and connectivity requirements of larger growers.
Based on the design of Perten’s market-leading AM 5200-A moisture tester and using the same technology and calibrations as the official testers, the AM 5200-Farm Tester provides:
- Optimized Grain Drying – Test hot grain from the dryer with no waiting for grain to cool. This minimizes temperature errors and helps you to get the best moisture value without the extra time and expense of over-drying.
- Testing of Frozen Stored Grain with up to 18% moisture.
- Fast Results – Hot grain or cold, get moisture, test weight and temperature readings in 25 seconds.
- Rapid Payback – Stop over drying, save dryer costs and match the moisture readings at the local elevator.
- Robust – It’s a solid 40 lbs. for a reason.
- Data Storage – Test results, date and time matched to your farm or field IDs are easily stored and exported.
- USB Connectivity – Connect and supply results (farm, field info, etc.) to your farm management software.
Market Smarter: Avoid mistakes and surprises when you deliver your grain. Even though the Perten AM 5200-Farm Tester is not GIPSA-certified as UGMA-compatible and NTEP-approved, this moisture tester does use the same advanced moisture sensing technology as the official testers used by the USDA, elevators and terminals. This means you can be sure of getting accurate on-farm grain moisture measurements.
Pour and Go: Pour the sample into the hopper and the AM 5200-Farm Moisture Tester initiates the analysis automatically, processing the sample without the need for the user to touch any screens or buttons. Accurate results on fresh field samples are displayed in 25 seconds.
Superior Accuracy: Superior accuracy and repeatability are obtained using a 150 MHz measurement cell made of robust, high precision die-cast aluminum. The AM 5200-Farm uses the optimum radio frequency for moisture measuring and combines that with advanced computational power.
Easy to Use: The AM 5200-Farm Tester’s large color touch-screen features an intuitive user interface making the tester simple to use. The touch-screen uses resistance technology and even responds to gloved hands.
Modern Technology: The AM 5200-Farm Tester is designed for use by today’s grain grower:
- Higher frequency moisture measuring.
- Advanced computational power.
- Touch-screen input of sample IDs.
- Ability to view results on a remote screen.
- Transfer data through USB memory sticks.
- Multi-language support.
All these features add to the Perten AM 5200-Farm Moisture Tester’s flexibility and ease of use.
The Perten trademark is not owned or licensed by CTB.