The Perten AM 5800* is a fast, portable and easy-to-use moisture tester that provides highly accurate, repeatable results. In fact, it features the same 150 MHz technology, UGMA algorithm and calibrations used by commercial grain buyers. The unit is lightweight and designed for long battery life on just two AA batteries. Additionally, it can connect to smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth® technology and AM5800 Link app, allowing users to view results, update calibrations, access the user’s manual and more with their mobile devices.
- Uses highly accurate 150 MHz technology and UGMA (Unified Grain Moisture Algorithm) to closely match grain elevator moisture tester results.
- No sample weighing or volume measurement is required — just fill the hopper and pull the handle to begin analysis.
- Excellent repeatability.
- Results available in less than 20 seconds for room-temperature corn.
- Able to test hot corn up to 160° F.
- Portable design weighing only 11 pounds (5 kg).
- Powered by two AA batteries.
- Easy-to-use touch-screen.
- Smartphones, tablets or PC can connect to the AM 5800 via Bluetooth® technology to view results, update calibrations, access the user’s manual and more.
- Products: Grains, oilseeds, pulses, lentils and more
- Analysis Time: ~ 15 seconds
- Display: 3.4-inch (86 mm) touch-screen
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® and Android™, IOS, Win App for use on smartphones and tablets
- Measurement Technique: RF dielectric constant at 150 MHz
- Sample Temperature: -18° to 70° C / 0° to 160° F (moisture < 18%); 0° to 70° C / 32° to 160° F (moisture > 18%)
- Sample Size: 700 ml (2/3 quart)
- Power Requirement: 2 AA Alkaline batteries
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13.3 x 10.8 x 11.4 in. (338 x 274 x 290 mm)
- Net Weight: 11 pounds (5 kg)
- BN BabyLim
- BN Black
- BN Kidney
- BN Pea
- BN Pinto
- Hard Wheat
- Mustard Or
- Oats Hless
- Rice Brown
- Rice LGR
- Rice MGR
- Rice Mil’d
- Rice Parbl
- Rice SGR
- Soft Wheat
The Perten, Bluetooth and Android trademarks are not owned or licensed by CTB.
*This analyzer is not approved by the National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) for use in commercial grain transactions.