The Perten IM 8800 Grain Analyzer* uses near infrared (NIR) technology to measure protein and oil content in grain and oilseed. Its highly portable design with a GPS module is ideal for farmers wanting to test grain in the field and also generate protein maps to help make informed harvesting and storage decisions. An optional module is also available for rapid moisture measurement and Falling Number® analysis.
- Ruggedly built for use in farm conditions and designed for low maintenance and long service life.
- Lightweight design with carrying bag make the IM 8800 highly portable.
- Can be powered by 12V power source or battery.
- GPS module for recording sample locations and generating protein maps of fields.
- Large touch-screen display for intuitive use.
- An optional module allows rapid moisture measurement and Falling Number® analysis.
- Products: Grains and oilseeds
- Parameters: Moisture, protein, oil, wet gluten and more
- Analysis Time: ~ 90 seconds
- Sample Size: ~ 400 ml
- Subsamples: Up to 10 per sample
- Analysis Principle: Diode-array detector, transmittance
- Wavelength Range: 850-1050 nm
- Size (WxDxH): 13.7 x 10.4 x 10.8 inches (349 x 265 x 274 mm)
- Weight: 15.4 pounds (7 kg)
- Interfaces: 4 USB-A ports, 1 Ethernet port (RJ45)
- Display: 5.7-inch (145 mm) color touch-screen
- Protection: Dust and humidity protected
- Battery Operation: ~ 2 hours
- Positioning: GPS module, connected through USB port
- Ambient Temp Spec.: 5°-45° C / 41°-113° F
- This analyzer is not NTEP approved for use in commercial grain transactions.
The Perten and Falling Number trademarks are not owned or licensed by T.W. Brackett & Associates.
*This analyzer is not approved by the National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) for use in commercial grain transactions.